Painting Natural Protective - High-Tech Eco-Friendly finishes
In light of this growing awareness around building sustainability, Boero has developed the PAINTING NATURAL range of hi-tech products with minimum environmental impact, based on a few simple key points
- Continuous improvement of production process efficiency
- Scrupulous respect for the environment at every stage, from factory to point of sale
- Choice of high performance, latest generation raw materials of known and preferably local or national provenance
- Development of innovative paints in water emulsion with low environmental impact and minimum release of volatile organic compounds
- Durability for decorative treatments
- Research into how colour influences living comfort.
PAINTING NATURAL today broadens its offering creating PAINTING NATURAL PROTECTIVE, a brand new range of sanitising, bacteriostatic and purifying finishes that are resistant to wear and cleaning with common detergents, created to offer maximum protection for domestic, professional, public and healthcare spaces.
Every domestic, professional, commercial and healthcare area has specific structural characteristics and purposes. The PAINTING NATURAL line offers targeted solutions to protect and decorate each of them.
Painting Natural Protective:
- BACTERIOSTATIC SANITISING PRODUCTS
- SANYA SMALTO MURALE: Matt/satin bacteriostatic sanitising wall enamel
- SANYA PITTURA: Bacteriostatic santising washable paint
WHY FINISHES THAT FIGHT GERMS AND BACTERIA?
Buildings may contain high concentrations of microorganisms that are harmful to health. Homes are increasingly well-insulated and air circulation is limited, which may cause dampness and trigger biological infestations of mould, germs and bacteria. As well as water, microorganisms need nourishment and the list of potential sources is long: nitrogen, carbon, phosphorus, etc. Microorganisms come into contact with masonry surfaces carried by dust, atmospheric dirt or airborne particulate matter, sprays, finger and grease marks, and splashes of liquids or contaminated water. Needless to say, they can cause diseases.
The solution to this problem are the properties of silver ions that have been known since ancient times and for centuries they have been used successfully to prevent and treat infections. They are used in many different fields. Including paint for buildings.
Silver ions (Ag+) penetrate the nucleus of bacterial cells deposited on treated surfaces. They have oligodynamic
properties, which means they are effective even in minimum quantities. They bind to DNA, RNA, proteins and cellular respiration enzymes, blocking the survival systems of infesting bacteria and preventing their growth, division and multiplication. This eliminates bacteria definitively because they are unable to reproduce and proliferate (bacteriostatic action).
Research has driven interesting developments in the use of silver ions, which have a well-known ability to enhance the sanitising characteristics of paint products when there is the need to ensure maximum hygiene effectively but sustainably.
- ANTISMOG PHOTOCATALYTIC PURIFYING PRODUCTS FOR EXTERIORS
- SOLARYA 65: Antismog self-cleaning siloxane coating
- L’IPOALLERGENICA WITH V.O.C. ≅ 0
- BELLARYA: Hypoallergenic washable water-based paint
- ECOLABEL CERTIFIED PRODUCTS
- BOERO ECOLAVABILE: Ecolabel washable water-based paint
- BOERO ECOTRASPIRANTE: Ecolabel breathable water-based paint
- INDOOR AIR QUALITY: “A+” class - Finishes SANYA SMALTO MURALE, SANYA SMALTO, BELLARYA, BOERO ECOLAVABILE and BOERO ECOTRASPIRANTE are formulated with low environmental impact raw materials and have “A+” class IAQ CERTIFICATION.
- HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS - standard UNI 11021:2002 identifies and details the criteria that must be met to issue the relative certificate. SANYA SMALTO MURALE OPACO/SATINATO is suitable for painting areas containing food products, in compliance with the aforementioned official regulations.
- ECOLABEL: BOERO ECOLAVABILE and BOERO ECOTRASPIRANTE have obtained ECOLABEL CERTIFICATION (EU Ecolabel: IT/044/006)
- HYPOALLERGENICITY - BELLARYA hypoallergenic paint has been tested at the Dermatology Clinic Allergology Department, IRCCS, San Martino Hospital (Genoa - Italy). Tests included an epicutaneous test according to Schwartz-Peck (modified) and a cutaneous compatibility test according to Basketter (modified). The cutaneous compatibility test with pure BELLARYA was negative for all the patients involved.
- EPD® (Environmental Product Declaration) - Boero coatings BELLARYA, SOLARYA 65, BOERO ECOLAVABILE and BOERO ECOTRASPIRANTE have obtained EPD® certification.
- FORMALDEIDE FREE - Formaldehyde is a known cancerogenous substance for humans. In addition to neoplasia, it can contribute to the development of generalised irritations, dermatitis and headaches. PAINTING NATURAL coating products are formaldehyde free and represent another milestone towards superior residential wellbeing.